Website Ventyx Biosciences
Ventyx Biosciences, Inc. is a clinical-stage, public biopharmaceutical company focused on advancing new therapies for millions of people living with inflammatory diseases and autoimmune disorders. We are developing novel and differentiated therapeutics that target both the innate and adaptive immune system. Our clinical-stage programs include an allosteric TYK2 inhibitor for the treatment of a broad range of autoimmune diseases, an S1P1 receptor modulator for the treatment of ulcerative colitis, and a peripheral inhibitor of the NLRP3 inflammasome, which is a mediator of multiple inflammatory conditions. Join this team of life science professionals to bring this portfolio of programs to fruition.
The Opportunity: Manager/Director, Human Resources
The Manager, Human Resources role is responsible for the planning, developing, implementing and the overall administration of Human Resources programs in the areas of talent acquisition, benefits, employee relations, performance management, training, compensation and HRMS.
What you will contribute
- The immediate priority is to manage the talent acquisition plan. Leverage talent acquisition partners, and some external recruiters to hire professionals that meet the skills and experience required while ensuring a fit into this dynamic culture.
- Manage employee onboarding, including offer letter generation, background checks, coordination of new hire systems and resources, conduct new hire orientation, liaise with Finance to upload portal, benefits enrollment, etc.
- Develop, implement, and administer effective compensation and benefit programs that contribute to the organization’s ability to attract, retain and motivate employees.
Develop, propose, publish, make recommendations, implement, and consistently administer human resources policies, programs, practices, and procedures.
- Coordinate employee off-boarding, including exit interview, exit paperwork, system deactivation, final paycheck, equipment collection, etc.
- Manage employee LOA, including maternity leave, disability, FMLA.
- Administer employee benefits, including PEO relationship, enrollment, claims resolution, general employee inquiries and invoice processing.
- Communicate to all levels of the organization via verbal or written form changes, developments, or responses relative to human resources policies, programs, practices, and procedures.
- Design, develop, and implement training and organizational development initiatives from both internal and external sources to ensure human resources best practices.
- Partner with Finance to manage payroll in compliance with US and EU regulations.
- Manage immigration, including green cards, H1Bs, international work permits and business visitor visas.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, including completion of mandatory reporting.
- Project manage the annual employee performance review process, including budget approval, project timeline and overall execution.
- Partner with client groups to focus on building the Company’s culture, including team development, conflict resolutions and fostering an environment of open feedback and communication.
What you need to be successful:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of progressive HR experience with broad generalist knowledge in talent acquisition, employee relations, training, performance management, compensation, and organizational development.
- Experience in the biopharmaceutical industry desired.
- Working knowledge of federal and CA labor and employment law.
- Understanding of HR best practices and current local regulations.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and provide strategic advice.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Solid business acumen, with ability to analyze data, manage budgets and measure results and effectiveness of programs.
- Demonstrated agility to learn, and prioritize multiple responsibilities independently, remove barriers and drive projects to completion.
- Strong oral & written scientific communications skills.
- Ability to strike a balance between independent work and team interaction, be a team player in a cross-functional team.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with experience in interacting with and influencing people, building strong positive relationships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other productivity tools with an aptitude to learn new software and systems; ability to work with large databases. Microsoft Office Suite, TriNet, HRBamboo.
What We Provide to You
The opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives impacted by autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. Participate in a team of life science professionals who value science, data, high work ethic and a meritocracy; access to all levels of the organization to get work done with a sense of urgency.
Competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package, including stock options.
Job candidates should be aware that full vaccination against COVID-19 is required as a condition of employment subject to legally required exceptions. Ventyx is an equal opportunity employer and encourages potential or current employees to request a reasonable accommodation under federal, state and local regulations, should one be needed.
To apply for this job please visit ventyxbio.bamboohr.com.