Sanford Laboratories for Innovative Medicines
Sanford Laboratories has an immediate opening for a Senior Manager of Accounting who will provide leadership and expertise to the Institute. The Institute’s mission is to revolutionize the applicability and power of RNA therapeutics in combating human diseases.
The successful applicant will oversee the execution of accounting functions, which may include: cost and general accounting; payroll; accounts payable; accounts receivable. The incumbent will report to the Chief Financial Officer/Chief Administrative Officer to build and administer an effective accounting structure for the Institute. This position will play a key role in the Institute’s initial growth phase.
· Full responsibility for accounting systems and subsystems
· Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
· Maintain the Institute’s general ledger, tracking assets, liabilities, expenses and revenues.
· Oversee monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close and financial reporting.
· Assist with periodic audits of the Institute’s financial records and statements.
· Reconcile and adjusts bank accounts to manage cash flow.
· Improve systems and initiate corrective actions.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field. At least 8 years of directly related experience, including at least 3 years of management experience.
· Advanced MS Office skills
· Familiarity with accounting software and databases including QuickBooks
· CPA is a plus
· Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
· Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles (“GAAP”), practices, standards, laws and regulations
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org