Website La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology
The HR Coordinator aids with and facilitates the human resource processes at the La Jolla Institute. This role assists the HR team with recruitment, employee onboarding and offboarding, and personnel record and HRIS data maintenance. This role also provides administrative support to all employees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Administers insurance enrollments and changes.
• Answers employee requests and questions.
• Assists with I-9 documentation and audit process.
• Assists with employee terminations.
• Assists with the preparation of the performance review process and benefits open enrollment process.
• Assists with the recruitment and interview process. Post jobs, tracks candidates in HRIS and responds to candidates during and after recruitment process.
• Processes check requests for invoices.
• Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by Sr Director of HR, as well as hiring managers from departments and labs.
• Assists with maintaining HR intranet page and ensuring documentation and employee information is up to date.
• Coordinates employee events such as annual holiday party, summer picnic, quarterly employee appreciation events, and wellness challenges.
• Coordinates the employee recognition program, including anniversary rewards and spot awards.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
• At least one year of related experience is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience is preferred.
• HR Management Certification and/or SHRM-CP/PHR is a plus.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
To apply for this job please visit us61.dayforcehcm.com.