Website Escient Pharmaceuticals
Escient Pharmaceuticals is a San Diego based clinical-stage company focused on developing novel therapeutics to address a broad range of neurosensory-inflammatory disorders. The company’s pipeline includes two first-in-class small molecule antagonists targeting MRGPRX2 for the treatment of various mast cell mediated disorders and MRGPRX4 for cholestatic pruritus. Escient is led by an experienced management and scientific team and funded by top-tier life science investors.
Our team is driven by the desire to make a positive difference in the lives of patients. We are passionate about innovative science and strive to discover and develop novel medicines, to bring value to the healthcare ecosystem, and to address significant unmet medical needs. We foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, transparency, mutual respect, and integrity and an environment where employees feel fulfilled by the work they do and are recognized for the contributions they make.
Escient is seeking a dynamic, creative and highly motivated individual for the position of Director of Human Resources to manage all personnel related matters. These include personnel strategy, employee relations and development, compensation, benefits, recruiting, performance management, and training. He/she will be responsible for development and maintenance of HR policies and procedures and ensuring employee compliance with labor regulations and company policies. He/she will serve as an HR business partner and will work closely with senior management across the organization to develop people strategies and to identify and fill any personnel resource gaps. The Director of HR will help to maintain an innovative culture and foster a working environment reflective of our company mission and values.
The ideal candidate is forward thinking, creative with high ethical standards, and experienced in all areas of human resources. To be considered, candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with drug development professionals and able to respond to changing priorities in a thoughtful, creative manner.
Qualifications and Skills
- Partner with senior management to implement HR policies that support the company’s strategic vision, business plan, and corporate goals while developing and implementing structure and programs to drive cross-collaboration, communication, and productivity.
- Provide day-to-day support to employees, managers, and leadership on all aspects of the HR function including but not limited to corporate culture, performance management, employee relations, training and development, retention, succession planning, compensation, benefits, talent management and acquisition, and compliance.
- Collaborate with management as a strong partner in achieving a robust and efficient workforce; identify and develop critical capability needs.
- Maintain and expand knowledge of existing and proposed laws and policies and advise management and employees accordingly.
- Support continued growth by helping to identify talent gaps and development areas across the organization as the business grows.
- Engage cross-functionally and assist staff at many levels in optimizing the performance of their teams and resolving issues by sharing best practices and enabling career development efforts for top talent.
- Provide day-to-day support to employees and managers regarding HR practices, employee relations, development, etc.
- Ensure system workflows and communication are efficiently executed across the organization.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 10+ years of progressive Human Resources experience; or Master’s degree and 7+ years of Human Resources experience required.
- Experience in Life Sciences preferred.
- Broad understanding of and appreciation for all aspects of managing the human resources function at a biopharma company
- Ability to form strong partnerships and trust with employees regardless of level
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Robust organizational skills and attention to detail, including digital skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to craft innovative strategies and deliver pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of how to use data to inform decisions
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills; demonstrated ability to build a team and inspire
- Experience leading or participating in enterprise-wide initiatives in a fast growth environment
- · Thorough knowledge of employment-related regulations
- Solid experience with human resources information systems
- SPHR or PHR certification preferred
If you thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and are in search of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team focused on discovering and developing therapies that will positively change the course of the health and well-being of underserved patients, we encourage you to apply. Escient Pharmaceuticals offers a positive and exciting work environment with competitive pay structures and benefits. Escient is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.escientpharma.com.