Website Brooklyn ImmunoTherapeutics
Brooklyn ImmunoTherapeutics is seeking an HR leader to join a rapidly changing environment with peers willing to challenge assumptions and teammates who share your passion and drive for accomplishments. Brooklyn ImmunoTherapeutics is focused on exploring the role that cytokine and gene editing/cell therapy can have in treating patients with cancer, blood disorders, and monogenic diseases.
The Human Resource Director will understand how to integrate HR strategy with operations to drive change, build organizational alignment, further leadership and management capability, and improve the employee experience. With a small team, this individual will be responsible for shaping the organization from a human capital perspective.
· Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
· Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions, as well as timely processing of all new hires, terminations and other payroll changes as needed.
· Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
· Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
· Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
· Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
· Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
· Develops and implements departmental budget.
· Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for staff.
· Performs quarterly and annual SOX audits as required.
· Performs other duties as required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
· Highly Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS systems.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
· At least seven years of human resource management experience required.
· PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
· Prior experience working in a public company highly preferred.
· Prior experience working in a Biotech company preferred.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Brooklyn ImmunoTherapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org