Website Avidity Biosciences
Avidity Biosciences is pioneering a new class of oligonucleotide-based therapies called AOCs designed to overcome the current limitations of oligonucleotide therapies in order to treat a wide range of serious diseases. We utilize our proprietary AOC platform to design, engineer and develop therapeutics that combine the tissue selectivity of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and the precision of oligonucleotide-based therapies in order to access previously undruggable tissue and cell types and more effectively target underlying genetic drivers of diseases. We are passionate about the impact of every employee in bringing these potentially transformative therapeutics to patients in need. Make a difference with us.
As a business partner, the successful candidate will build and foster strategic and advisory relationships with the Research organization—Biology, Chemistry and Development Sciences–to drive Human Resources initiatives. This role will perform as part of a team for HR strategic planning, talent acquisition, organizational training and development, compensation and benefits programs, performance management, employee relations, and compliance. In addition, this role will perform as a subject matter expert in the area for training and development for the HR department. For example, responsibilities will include overseeing the identification of quality on-line training, in-person supervisory and management training, compliance trainings, and other topics.
As an advocate for company culture, values and employees, the Senior Manager, Human Resources will foster a culture of engagement, quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Collaborates with the HR team to develop Human Resource initiatives to create a company culture consistent with Avidity’s BeAVID values.
· Implements HR solutions and initiatives that align with the broader business strategy and objectives.
· Supports recruiting efforts including conducting interviews, overseeing relocation, ensure reference checking and the development of an employment offer within company guidance.
· Develops effective and integrated training and development plans with the HR team to identify, prioritize and define organizational needs and to develop, implement and evaluate training curricula.
· Ensures alignment around the organizational development and learning needs to support business objectives.
· Understands and balances what solutions to be built in-house vs working with vendors/partners, and then negotiate and manage vendor relationships as applicable.
· Identifies innovative solutions and compelling training that support Avidity’s people’s leadership and professional growth.
· Keeps focus on the design and creation learning materials for in-person, virtual, and on-demand programs; organizes and maintains materials that is accessible, adaptable and repeatable.
· Measures training program effectiveness and collects feedback for continuous improvement.
· Coaches Research leaders on HR issues including development and talent performance and issues which could have the potential to build an advantage for the business.
· Builds organizational capability through development and/or facilitation of appropriate senior leadership team (i.e., team efficiency, goal development and alignment, manager capability, etc.)
· Supports management of all human resources programs including compensation and benefits, employment, employee relations and training, in accordance with all laws and guidelines of Federal, State, County, City and local ordinances.
· Manages and supports the HR team in HRMS (Human Resource Management Systems)
· Ensures all programs embody and reinforce our cultural values, commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
· Assists in the coordination of the performance review process, including administration of evaluation forms, preparation of spreadsheets, etc.
· Interacts with all employees and supervisors regarding any routine human resources or individual questions or concerns. Provides employee relations and counseling when requested.
· Assists which special projects as needed.
· Carry out job responsibilities and assignments safely and maintain a clean and safe work area
To perform this role successfully, an incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The preferred requirements listed below are representative of the skills, knowledge, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s (BA) in human resources, business, social sciences or related discipline.
· At least four years of human resources experience, preferably within the biotech industry.
· Knowledge of current best practices and programs within the human resource field, including pertinent federal, state and local employment-related regulations and compliance matters.
· Desire to keep up-to-date on new ideas in the subject matter area.
· Experience in recruiting and retaining employees specifically in the biotech, pharmaceutical or other related industries.
· Demonstrated abilities in training and development program design and implementation.
· Demonstrated skills in developing and utilizing (computer based) employee-oriented technology service programs in areas such as benefits, personal information changes, notification of positions available within the organization, job application, etc.
· Must have ability to listen, communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) and to interact with all levels within the organization.
· Excellent reasoning, interpersonal and organizational skills, and superior attention to detail.
· Extensive skills, knowledge and abilities with computers and software programs including Word, Excel, and HRMS programs or other similar databases.
· Ability to work independently.
· High attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced and team environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.aviditybiosciences.com.