Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the new Senior Vice President, Human Resources based at our US
headquarters in Irvine, California will help continue to drive growth through a focused and deliberate talent
strategy with an emphasis on hiring and developing next-level leaders, while building a comprehensive human
resources strategy across the global organization consisting of multiple locations and sites with a growing number
of business lines. Additionally, the SVP Human Resources will be responsible for defining, building, and leading a
human resources strategy that operationalizes the organization’s business strategy. S/he will lead the
development and implementation of commercially-focused and best in class HR practices, policies, procedures,
and programs that are aligned with the continued growth.
Specifically, the Senior Vice President, Human Resources will drive:
• Leadership: Continue to lead the transformation of the HR function into a proactive, business-focused HR
capability known for working with the company’s leaders to define the strategy of the future.
• Partnership: Build authentic, cooperative partnerships across the company. Develop and maintain a spirit of
collaboration, meaningful feedback loops and communication across the organization.
• Business Acumen: Serve as a highly commercial, financially facile HR thought partner to the CEO. Known for
engagement across the senior leadership team facilitating quick outcomes and solving organization challenges
with ease and discretion.
• Talent Management / Talent Acquisition: Build an effective and high performing end-to-end talent capability
that supports the business’ ability to grow and provide superior outcomes within the markets served.
✓ Drive an impactful and aggressive recruiting function for the company. Ensure effective recruiting
practices that drive hiring of the right people in all areas, including advanced scientific talent.
✓ Ensure systems, processes and people are well-integrated, and top talent is retained
• Total Rewards: Demonstrate hands-on ownership for all total rewards initiatives, enabling the alignment of
performance and rewards. This includes global compensation, executive compensation, equity, benefit plans,
(including health, welfare, and retirement plans) and ensuring compliance and effective cost management.
Inn this capacity, this role will regularly interface with the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors.
✓ Partner with senior leadership and other critical stakeholders to ensure any future acquisition,
affiliation and/or integration processes are seamless.
• Employee Relations / Problem Solving: Problem-solve across the company, ensuring the tough conversations
are on-going and move people into their best roles or a higher level of productivity. Leverage data-driven
decision-making and become known for fact-based approaches to addressing employee relations and
• DEI&B: Demonstrate a strong, visible, and continued commitment to the attraction, development and
retention of diverse leadership, management, and employee talent. Lead DEI&B initiatives that are businessfocused and impactful.
• Proven HR leadership and domain expertise: A minimum of 15+-years of experience serving as a strategic,
growth-minded HR leader and executive with proven expertise in all the “functional chairs of HR” with classic
training and process orientation derived from serving in a best-practices HR organization (or larger entity).
• Demonstrated results in building talent acquisition function and talent management capability. Known for
building an end-to-end talent management function that foresees the future of the business and drives
candidate and employee engagement. Facilitate succession options for individuals that engages and
motivates all constituents, including millennials and diverse employees. Additionally, draws on network of
highly qualified internal and external recruiters (and knowing when each is best leveraged).
• Known for creating tools and processes to drive an integrated human resources strategy across a distributed
workforce, including scientific talent, in a very dynamic and competitive environment.
• Brings a talent agenda that includes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging to business discussions and
operating reviews, and is known for expertise in ensuring a culture that supports this.
• Depth in total rewards, and known for a practical approach to compensation, executive compensation,
benefits, HR processes and operations.
• Mastery in building HR systems, with a strong handle on all operational aspects of HR, ensuring compliance
and mitigation of risk.
• Knowledge and experience with change management methodologies and leading and facilitating
organization/transformational change initiatives under a strong growth mandate.
• Experience with senior executive engagement and facilitation, builds trust and rapport quickly, and has
experience serving as a confidante to multiple business leaders. Must be willing to challenge a “point-of-view”
when necessary and offer alternative and constructive suggestions, particularly in influencing, defining, and
aligning organizational development strategies and actions.
Ideally, brings Board exposure/experience presenting to the HR & Compensation Committee of the Board of
Directors. Confident in working on critical succession planning and talent initiatives important to effective
governance. Able to manage multiple stakeholders who often have competing agendas.
• Has exceptional listening skills and successfully deals with all levels of the organization.
• Commitment to integrity and ethics with an unflappable, but well-grounded commonsense approach to doing
work. Is a role model for the culture and values.
• Knowledge of international Human Resource practices within a public company.
• Strong understanding of organizational structure recruiting within a high growth organization.
• Life Science background, with a preferred knowledge in the diagnostic lab industry.
• Expertise with employee engagement in a remote working environment.
• Strong balance of strategic and operational Human Resource leadership.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required; an MBA or advanced degree in Human Resources or related field,
• Inspiring “Team Player” first and foremost attitude
• Collaborative, trustworthy with the ability to constructively influence
• Effective coaching, situationally appropriate
• Team player with confidence, unquestioned character, and absolute integrity
• Ability to hold people accountable, not micromanaging
• Hands-on attitude in appropriate situations, and big picture as needed with the executive team and board
• Enjoys being nimble within a high growth, entrepreneurial and progressive work environment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org