Human Resource (“HR”) is the department or individual that is responsible for all things related to hiring, firing and maintaining employees. In large businesses, you’re going to require a department to handle your HR needs. Small to mid-size businesses may only require a single individual to administer HR. The most important rule of HR is that its functions cannot be separated.
- HR’s fundamental responsibilities are the following:
- Establishing & maintaining policies related to personnel.
- Recruiting the best personnel possible based on the business’ options and need.
- Addressing all grievances, interpersonal conflicts and potential litigation.
- Investigating personnel issues.
- Record retention and maintenance.
- Health benefits and related matters.
- Pension and retirement related matters.
- Changes in evolving labor law.
SOURCE – READ THE FULL ARTICLE AT: https://www.forbes.com/sites/cameronkeng/2018/10/12/dont-split-hr-there-can-only-be-one/#3bf740aa1256