Question: We’re on call all the time as part of a maintenance team. Recently, a manager informed us we are no longer allowed to take breaks for lunch or other reasons. Previously, we had 30 minutes for lunch and two 15-minute breaks. Now if we take them, we’re told we have to stay an extra hour. I’m reaching out to my union representative, but wanted to know: Can companies cancel breaks and lunch whenever they want?
Member Discussions Area Tutorial Video
- No events
- How Genomatica is Driving Culture, Trust & Emotional Intelligence (EQ) Initiatives to Accelerate Performance, Attract, & Retain Top Talent
- Move over Diversity. 2020 is about “Belonging to a Community.”
- Developing Creative & Effective Onboarding Programs – Downloads
- How will the future of work impact the world of life sciences?
- ‘People Enablement’ Is the Human-Resources Trend You Can’t Ignore
- New LifeHR Featured Vendors Area
- Why the ‘Total Talent’ approach Wins in Life Science
- Biophase Solutions
- Duane Morris
- The Leadership Edge