Question: We’re on call all the time as part of a maintenance team. Recently, a manager informed us we are no longer allowed to take breaks for lunch or other reasons. Previously, we had 30 minutes for lunch and two 15-minute breaks. Now if we take them, we’re told we have to stay an extra hour. I’m reaching out to my union representative, but wanted to know: Can companies cancel breaks and lunch whenever they want?
- Biocom California's HR Conference for Life Science
- 09/22/2021 - 10/06/2021
- New LifeHR Member Discussion Forums / New Job Board!
- UPDATE: Join the Life HR Compensation Survey for 2021 – Deadline 9/7/21
- Biocom/LifeHR Webinar: Developing a Workplace Strategy – Downloads
- TriNet Resources
- COVID-19: How HR Leaders are Responding to Disruption
- McDermott + Bull Resources
- 2Connect Resources
- WEBINAR DOWNLOADS: STATEMENTS INTO ACTION: A LEADER’S GUIDE TO PRACTICING AUTHENTIC DIVERSITY
- The Leadership Edge Resources
- Procopio Resources
- Duane Morris Resources
- Elevating your Virtual Presence – Webinar Archive