Question: We’re on call all the time as part of a maintenance team. Recently, a manager informed us we are no longer allowed to take breaks for lunch or other reasons. Previously, we had 30 minutes for lunch and two 15-minute breaks. Now if we take them, we’re told we have to stay an extra hour. I’m reaching out to my union representative, but wanted to know: Can companies cancel breaks and lunch whenever they want?
- No events
- Microlearning Lesson #1: Capital Markets in Relation to the Pandemic
- 11 Trends that Will Shape Work in 2022 and Beyond
- Six Tips for Etiquette + Protocols in the Hybrid Workplace
- 10 Ways to Be a Better Boss to Remote and Hybrid Employees
- Design an Office that People Want to Come Back to
- How Leaders Can Balance the Needs to Perform and to Transform
- U.S. Employee Engagement Drops for First Year in a Decade
- Program Follow-Up: How to Communicate Total Rewards to Drive Engagement & Attract Top Talent
- New LifeHR Member Discussion Forums / New Job Board!
- UPDATE: Join the Life HR Compensation Survey for 2021 – Deadline 9/7/21
- Biocom/LifeHR Webinar: Developing a Workplace Strategy – Downloads
- COVID-19: How HR Leaders are Responding to Disruption